We have the opportunity to take over the top floor of a skinny brick building at 105 W 9th St in Wilmington, for 3 months, rent-free, through Project Pop-Up. It’s about 1,000 sq feet, and all up to code. We have no obligation to renew the lease after this. In fact, we will probably be looking for a larger space by then!
The first floor at 105 W. Ninth St will be a company called “Fit Body” along with shared reception space at the front.
The second floor is all ours, except that the bathroom is shared.
Here is a pic of the front conference room. It has lots of outlets. This room is small, maybe 12 by 10:
The first open space is a little smaller than this, with no outlets. So I think this will serve as our gallery space:
The larger open space in the back is like the conference room, but maybe 1.5 times the size. It also has two sky lights, 2 windows, and lots of outlets.
One drawback. All of this space is covered in carpet squares.
However, there is a basement with a microwave and sink, and an unfinished floor:
We need everyone in the group to pitch in, so that we will be able to say yes to this offer. Here’s what we need:
1. We are aiming to have the space open at least every Wednesday and Friday, from 5-9 PM, and every Sunday from 1-6PM. If you can contribute a few hours to staff the space (greeting people, checking them in for a class, etc), any time over the next 3 months, please contact Aaron at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will get you on the calendar.
2. Is there a Meetup or class you would like to lead in the space? Responding to this will not result in a commitment, but please contact Kathleen if you are interested in developing curriculum with us, or being trained to teach one of our regular classes: email@example.com.
3. We need to borrow, get, and/or make some big community tables for classes and for working on small projects. We will also need chairs and shelves, possibly lockers, and a projector. There are small needs, too, such as white boards, extension cords and surge protectors. If there is anything you would like to donate to the space, or just loan us for a few months, please contact Jeanne: firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. What could you have on display/for sale in our gallery? We would like to have art, tech, and craft projects. We would specifically like to have items in the gallery which can be linked to a class (if you like this item you can buy it OR learn to make it). If you would like to have your work in our gallery, send a jpeg image, along with the dimensions of the work, and a description of how your work would be displayed, to Bailey: Kungbailey@gmail.com .
- This opportunity came to us on Monday. The city would like us to be staffing the space starting Oct 1st! So, I apologize for the rush, and would appreciate your quick responses. The Board will need to decide on this issue on Saturday night, and we need to know we’ll have your help. If you have any other input or questions, please contact me at email@example.com.
Thank you for your support,
President of the Board
Barrel of Makers, Inc.